Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Saturday, 03 December 2022
  3 Replies
  4.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
I understand that any kutools created excel file of mine that I have created utilizing the Kutools functions cannot be understood and will not transfer to other users of excel that do not have Kutools installed. (https://www.extendoffice.com/forum/5-kutools-for-excel/33-new-to-kutools.html)

Therefore, if I'm understanding correctly, using the Kutools functions should be avoided if planning to share with excel users who do not have Kutools installed?

OR PERHAPS there is some way of converting Kutools functions to regular excel formulas/functions/macros so that we can share our Kutools created files with excel users who do not have Kutools?

Thank you in advance.
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi there,

Yes, if you plan to share an excel file to other users, please avoid using features from Kutools Functions. :)
kutools functions.png

Amanda
Attachments (1)
Hi Amanda. That too was my understanding, but it looks like Kutools may have fixed this...I have a spreadsheet where I used the Kutools Function "Sum by Font Color" and emailed it to my work email address but didn't expect it to work since my work excel program does NOT have kutools installed. However, I discovered that IT DID recognize the Kutools function and works fine on my work excel where kutools is NOT installed. Therefore, I suspect Kutools may have fixed the sharing with non-kutool users issue??
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi,

That is strange 😂 Because I just tried to share a file in which I used the Kutools Function "Sum by Font Color", and the computer that has not installed Kutools only sees a N/A error in which cell the function is applied.

Amanda
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.